The Regional SAREX will take place at a location about 15 minutes out of Glenorchy on Friday and Saturday 6 and 7 November. (Specific directions will follow later). It is our intention to make the weekend as productive and enjoyable as we can.
Friday 6th November
* 1700 hrs arrival for a 1730 hrs start. No problem if you come
* IMT Members – The evening of the 6th will involve a seminar with
the goal of, as far as possible, aligning our Incident Management Processes
so that we can operate more effectively together and that members of one IMT
can comfortably operate within other IMTs. There will be an agenda for
* Field Team Members – The evening of the 6th will involve field and
skill related activities.
* 2030 hrs – IMT and Field Team Members will get together. Guest
Saturday 7th November
* 0800 hrs Training and Refresher Training on Team Member competencies
– including Probationary Members. This is an opportunity to ensure all
volunteers meet the criteria as well as refreshing existing skills.
* Conclusion and social event.
Bunkroom on site – so you will need your sleeping bag and teddy.
Supplied, from dinner on the Friday night through until breakfast on the
Please bring the standard SAR equipment that you would expect to be deployed
in the field with – pack and boots included.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org at the following address as to whether or not you will be