The application process is as follows:
- We will confirm you meet our minimum standards for the role for which you have applied.
- The Police will vet your application, as we work on their behalf.
- You will be asked to attend a trial period. The trial period will last for 2 – 3 months.
- At the conclusion of the trial period, the recruitment committee will review your application.
- Successful applicants will be asked to become a probationary team member.
- Probationary team members will be expected to attend an assessment day.
- Probationary team members will be provided with a training pathway to become an operational team member, based on their performance at the assessment day.
Please be aware we are interested in members who are able to demonstrate a commitment to the group, and to the local area. Training and equipping team members requires a lot of resources and the dedication of our training team.
If you become a field team probationary member, you will be expected to attend an assessment day and then attend 75% of all fortnightly Thursday training nights in the first year. From the 1st year onwards, you should attend 30% of fortnightly Thursday training nights. Every year you should attend at least one SAREX (SAR exercises) and at least one course/refresher.