Wakatipu LandSAR requires a variety of volunteers to remain fully operational. We continually require applicants for our sub alpine team, our alpine cliff rescue team, our administration team and the incident management team. We recruit twice a year; normally in February and July.
If you are interested in any of the volunteer roles please request an application form from email@example.com
Once we receive your application, you should receive an email from us acknowledging your application has entered our process. Read the application process.
All applicants must possess the following:
- Minimum age – 18 years or older on attending trial period.
- Have been in Wakatipu area for a minimum of 1 year.
- Plan to be in Wakatipu area for a minimum of 5 years.
- Possess a resident or permanent resident visa or be a NZ or Australian citizen.
Field Team applicants must possess the following:
- Experienced and confident in the outdoors.
- Robust and able to endure hardship.
- Ability to achieve the minimum fitness standard prior to becoming operational (sub alpine team): maintain an average of 3 km/h over 9 km route, which includes a climb of 200m over a lineal distance of 1km (this 1 km to be completed within 1 hour) carrying a 24 hour SAR pack, which weighs around 10kg.